Breaded fish finger sarnies
These quick breaded fish finger sarnies hit the spot when you all come home hungry and you need food on the table fast. Easily scaled up to feed more people, they're a cinch to make and ready in 15 minutes max.
2 salmon fillets
2 handfuls of breadcrumbs
1 tbsp olive oil
salt and pepper
little lettuce leaves
3 tbsp mayonnaise
Takes 15 minutes
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas mark 6. Line a baking tray with foil and put the salmon pieces on top.
2. Get the kids to mix the breadcrumbs in a bowl with the olive oil and a grinding of salt and pepper.
3. Spoon the crumbs onto each piece of fish, pressing down with the back of a spoon. Pop on the top shelf of the oven for 10 minutes or until cooked through and crunchy on the top.
4. While they're cooking, get the kids to zest the lime then mix it into the mayonnaise with a little salt and pepper.
5. Pop the muffins under a hot grill or on a griddle pan and char/toast on both sides.
6. Check that the salmon is cooked through (fatter fillets may need a few minutes more) then cut in half or slice into fish fingers lengthways. Sandwich into toasted muffins with lettuce and lime mayo.